Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Corporate Finance Analyst, who will work hand-in-hand with the CFO on both debt and equity transactions to finance the group’s global operations across Europe, India and South Africa. The candidate will be involved in the full fundraising process, ranging from initial discussions with potential investors to contract negotiation and post-closing activities.
More specifically, the role will entail the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and administer business documentation (info memo, pitch book, teaser)
- Update business financial model and other investor related models in excel
- Organise and administer data rooms for investors
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction processes, managing internal/external work streams
- Support in contract negotiations and execution, including fulfilment of conditions precedent and post-closing activities
- Monitor financial covenants and other contractual undertakings
- Support the investor relation and process requests from current investors
- Support preparation of investor reporting
Location: Primarily in the Netherlands, with flexibility for frequent remote working, while some presence in our office in Hoofddorp and/or Amsterdam is welcomed. Some international travel may be necessary from time to time.
Hours and duration: A six month internship contract to start with. Strong performers may be offered a full-time role at the end of the contract.
- Entrepreneurial drive, detail-orientation and creative problem solving
- Ability to work independently and remotely while leveraging digital co-working tools
- Good visualisation skills and experience with complex financial modeling
- Ability to coordinate/organise multiple work streams
- A strong communicator
- Robust accounting knowledge
- Experience in M&A, IB, investments or corporate finance
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Proficient in English
- Residence and/or work permit for the Netherlands
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes empathy before ego, being authentic - no matter what, working as one, and following the candi principle of less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus exclusively on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to affordable, clean rooftop solar energy
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.