Sales Lead, Global
Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Sales Lead to join its small Zurich-based team, who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking and as a result candi is happy to receive applications from people with experience in other sectors.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following responsibilities at the Global level:
- Formulating the Sales Strategy and Business Plan:
- Market intelligence gathering: collaborating with Marketing on assessing market potential, customer needs, competitor analysis
- Strategy definition: collaborating with Marketing on customer classification, Target definition, Product features definition, value proposition
- Strategy roll-out: monitor of regional sales activities, monitoring of KPIs, direct negotiation of key customers, sales plans
- Managing regional Sales Leads (in India / South Africa) including:
- Organization: defining central and regional sales functions, regional sales organichart, hiring plan / support for regional sales team, sales channel evaluation (cooperation with EPC and Channel Partners)
- Defining responsibilities for CRM and sales reports
- Working closely with Marketing on various initiatives (online, content, customer journey)
- Order Management (offer to cash process)
- Achieving Global turnover targets
- Achieving gross margin targets
- Managing distributor agreements
Location: Zurich, combined with working from home.
Hours: 60-100%, depending on level of experience.
- Sales experience of 10+ years
- Experience in defining a sales strategy
- Strong analytical experience in sales management
- Experience in leading international sales teams
- Ability to work independently, entrepreneurial mind-set
- Travel flexibility to India and Africa where relevant (frequency dependent on personal circumstances)
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes always being polite, being authentic, being a team player and working by the candi principle that Less is More.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.